Order a Free Catalogue & product samples!
Reclaimed Antique Hickory Description:
Pale and light in color tone, occasionally wavy or irregular grain and somewhat coarse textured, reclaimed antique hickory has richer and deeper tones with more intrinsic character than its newly milled counterpart, making it one of our most stunning antique woods offered. Hickory, commonly used for tool handles and sporting equipment has been the predominant choice for baseball bats for over a century, due to its durability and strength. This rugged wood will last a lifetime with minimal wear when properly maintained and cared for. Found in barns and rural structures from Pennsylvania to Missouri we search high and low for this rare beauty.
Reclaimed Antique Hickory Flooring Specifications:
Random Widths: 3”-5”, 3”-7”
Specified Widths: 3”-7”
Thickness: 3/4", 5/8”, or 1/2”
Lengths: 2-12’ Random or Specified Lengths
Milled Profile: Tongue and Groove, Square or Shiplap
Edges: Square or Pillowed
Finish: Pre Finished or Unfinished
Reclaimed Antique Hickory is 100% FSC Certified Recycled and eligible for LEED Credits.
Proper product installation is the key to success in every job! From installation to recommended care & maintenance. We'll always be here to help you with your project every step of the way. And when it's done and you have the time to enjoy the look and feel and aura of the wood, make sure you take that time. It's as good for you as laughing a half hour a day, or going on a walk with a child and a dog. This wood has lived. Really lived.
Installing wood products is a rewarding experience that will last for generations. Proper planning and execution will create lasting value to your space. In fact, a study by the National Wood Flooring Association concluded that over 90 percent of U.S.. real estate agents agree that homes with hardwood flooring sell faster and for more money.Acclimating wood productsProper acclimation of wood products prior to installation is essential to a succesful finished product. Always allow plenty of time after recieving any wood product for the material to properly and completly acclimate to its new envirenment. This is typically accomplished in a week or two by placing the material as close to its final installation area as possible. HVAC systems should have been running prior to material arrival and set at normal living conditions for a proper acclimation of the wood products.Installing wood flooring over radiant heat
Radiant heat flooring is a quiet, healthy, clean and efficient way to heat any space. With proper installation, wide plank flooring from Elmwood Reclaimed Timber is an ideal choice for radiant heat systems.
• Perfect for allergies - Radiant heat flooring reduces airborne allergens
• Radiant heat is a consistent and even heat source
• Silent and energy efficient, radiant heat makes sense.
• Why consider radiant heat flooring? because you will absolutely love it...
Installing wood flooring over concrete
Wood flooring has been installed over concrete using stringers, or plywood for over a century. Proper site preparation and installation will ensure success when installing wood flooring over concrete. High quality wood and millwork will help to reduce seasonal fluctuations.
• First, the concrete has to be dry.
• Second, a moisture barrier is a must.
• Third, High quality wood and millwork are essential.
Choosing the right finish options for your wood products
Whether you choose a pre finished product or have the finish applied on site, proper finishing is critical and deserves careful consideration. We can do the pre finishing here at Elmwood or provide you with the right products to achive the look you desire. Just let us know how we can help.
• Monocoat - Our most popular finish. Used in Europe for years because of it natural clean appearance as well as its ease of use. This Green product can be mixed with a hardener for added durability and can also be spot refinished.
• Water based top coat - High quality german water based finish. This finish option allows for low to no VOC's and does not yellow over time like its oil based counterpart.
• Tung Oil - A traditional tried and true finish option that provides its own unique look. Tung oil provides great protection and can be repaired much easier than other finish options available.
• Stains - Both simple single coat and custom stains can provide a truly unique look to your project. All woods accept stains differently and must be tested in advance. We can also work with you to design a custom oae of a kind look.CalculateArea size: square feetPlease use numbers only